For the sauce
- 4 ancho chillies
- 2 mulato chillies
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 40g ground almonds
- 40g of pumpkin seeds
- 15g of lard ( preferably pork )
- 1 Slice of bread
- 1 grilled onion
- 3 grilled garlic cloves
- ½ platain
- 1 cinnamon stick – broken in pieces
- 3 whole black peppers
- 2 cloves
- 500 ml of chicken broth
- 100g of 70% cocao chocolate
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 duck breasts
- 12 White corn tortillas
- ½ litre of sour cream
- ½ chopped red onion
- 150g of feta cheese
- 1 sprig of coriander
1. Sauce – Char grill the chillies in a pan. Transfer to a separate dish, soak them
in hot water for five minutes. Pan fry the hazelnuts, almonds, pumpkin seed and
sliced plaitain for 1 minute. Reserve.
2. In a saucepan, heat the lard and fry the bread briefly before adding, onion,
garlic, cinnamon, pepper, clove and the chicken broth
3. Combine both sets of ingredients, bring to the boil and then, simmer for 25
minutes. Season. Add the chocolate and cook for a further 10 minutes
4. Season the duck. Take a hot dry pan and sear for 5 minutes either side.
Remove and slice.
5. Heat a separate pan with a little oil and fry the tortillas for 30 seconds.
6. To serve, place 3 tortillas on a plate, add the duck, cover with the sauce.
Decorate with the cream, onion and cheese